Our pre-application advice service is here to support your licensing application. The aim is to help you to mitigate any problems which may arise during the application process. Please note that our advice cannot prejudge the outcome of the licensing application, especially if representations are received and a hearing takes place before the licensing sub-committee.
If you would like to request a call back to discuss your requirements further, please complete our pre-application advice form below.
Advice we offer
- Alcohol and Entertainment
- Animal Welfare
- Street Trading Consents
- Scrap Metal Dealers Licence
- Sex Establishment
Pre-application service benefits
We offer advice on;
- assistance with completing application forms
- appropriate conditions taking into account the type and style of the operation intended at the premises, its location and in consultation with Environmental Health Officers
- drawing up plans to accompany the application in accordance with the relevant regulations
- nominating an appropriate designated premises supervisor
- assistance with completing the statutory notices and advertisements
- on-site visit(s) to ensure plans are compliant with regulations and the appropriate statutory notices are correctly on display
- advice on matters you may need to consider to assess possible noise transmission to neighbouring properties, dependent on the type of operation proposed for the premises.